£50,000 - £55,000 (Plus Car Allowance & Healthcare)
My client is a specialist products manufacturer supplying into a variety of industries. They have both UK and international sites and pride themselves on exceptional levels of service which is delivered by working closely with their customers to understand the specific needs of their business.
Due to an internal restructure, they have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to take responsibility for the day to day running of the Engineering and Maintenance department as well as implementation and delivery of a variety of strategic projects.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Engineering Manager will manage and develop the Engineering team to ensure that the factory’s plant, equipment, and buildings are maintained to the highest possible standards. You will work alongside other key Technical functions and support the overall manufacturing strategy in developing robust systems of maintenance to meet future business needs and customer requirements.
Other core responsibilities will include:
- Minimising downtime, quality and efficiency issues
- Ensuring the productive capability is optimised and improved (where possible)
- Ensuring that the company’s health & safety policies are applied
- Management of facilities and capital equipment
- Driving the company’s Lean philosophy and implementing any necessary process improvements
- Collaboration with other operational functions to increase operational capability and productivity
- Budget control and management. Identifying and cost down opportunities
- Management of the apprenticeship scheme for the company’s future engineers
I am looking for a time-served Engineer who is qualified to a minimum HND in Engineering which supports at least 5 years’ experience gained in a management role within a high-volume, high specification manufacturing environment (i.e. plastic injection moulded parts for Automotive).
Experience of pneumatics, electrical systems and automated assembly will be advantageous, and you will also understand APQP, FMEA, SPC’s and RA’s. You will be used to a role that involves new product development projects and process improvements.
You will be familiar with (and ideally have implemented or audited) process-based quality systems such as ISO:9001, ISO 14001 or TS16949 and associated core tools.
In return, the successful Engineering Manager will receive a competitive salary of up to £55,000 (dependent upon experience) plus car allowance and a flexible benefits package that includes family Healthcare. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international business and continue to develop and progress your career.